We are all too aware that contractual disputes occur in all walks of life and can even arise when you have the most carefully drafted agreements.
Our dispute resolution team has extensive experience in handling all manner of contractual disputes between both commercial organisations and private individuals, including disputes concerning share sale agreements, franchise agreements, loan agreements and commercial disputes over the sale and supply of goods and services.
We know that contractual disputes can result in financial loss, a waste of management time and, perhaps more crucially, a loss of customer or supplier goodwill to your business. In light of this, we always endeavour to resolve matters as quickly and efficiently as possible, with a view to achieving the most suitable outcome for you or your business.
Types of commercial contract disputes we have worked on:
- Franchise agreements
- Agency and distribution
- Restrictive covenants
- Warranty and indemnity matters
- Confidentiality & non-disclosure agreements
- eCommerce agreements
- Contracts for supply of goods and services
- Outsourcing agreements
- Intellectual property & IT contracts
- Finance and loan agreements
- Personal guarantees
It contract disputes
In today’s ever changing world of information technology, commercial contracts for the provision of computer systems, including hardware and software, are common. If the system fails to meet your specification your business could suffer as a result. We are also able to offer legal advice in relation to any IT disputes you may have.
How our contract dispute lawyers can help you:
- Our commercial litigation will carefully consider the merits of your case and will advise on the cost effectiveness of issuing or defending court proceedings
- We can provide a credit check the defendant to make sure the case is worth pursuing
- We will work with you to try and recover the debt without the need for expensive court proceedings through negotiation or alternative dispute resolution.
Examples of our successful commercial dispute cases
- Acting a provider of analytical software and services in respect of the licensing of its software to an US SEC-registered Broker-Dealer.
- Advising on a contract dispute in which we act for an international interior design company in a dispute with the owners of a well-known sporting/leisure hotel.
- Acting for a company in respect of the licensing of its software to a large US bank
- Advising on a breach of trust and breach of contract claim brought against our client by an oil futures trading company.
- Acting for a company in respect of a proof of concept with a Japanese bank
Advising on a breach of contract and misrepresentation case where the purchaser of a classic car discovered that the car had its identity switched with another car.