We have a broad and varied range of clients, not only local to us in the South East but also throughout the UK and internationally. We often work on cross-border agreements, particularly between Europe and the USA and Canada as well as the Middle East.
Our media law clients include publishers of magazines and newspapers, advertising and design agencies, PR companies, platform operators, film and television producers and the odd celebrity.
Our technology law clients cover a broad range of industries from software and IT service providers to manufacturers of inventions and educational establishments.
On the telecoms side, our clients include a number of providers of connectivity and communication solutions and our clients are often contracting with and providing solutions to the larger platform and network operators and service providers and we deal frequently with intellectual property and information technology aspects of the telecoms sector.
The services we provide to clients in the TMT sector:
- eCommerce, internet, website and online contracts, whether business to business or business to consumer
- Regulatory compliance on areas such as data protection, privacy and consumer issues
- IT services and software licensing and reselling and/or distribution
- Hardware and software development
- Mobile app development
- Linking and co-branding arrangements
- Hosting and content management
- Systems integration and other turnkey arrangements
- Managed services, including facilities management
- Competition and antitrust issues (both domestic and EC)
- Strategic joint ventures
- Technology transfers
- Research and development for both academic and commercial collaborations
- Merchandising and sponsorship
- Publishing, photography, TV & film and music arrangements
- Brand and reputation protection and management, including defamation (particularly trade libel)
- Image rights
How our technology, media and telecoms solicitors can help you:
- If there is an international or cross-border element we can work closely with local counsel and with our network of international lawyers, Alliance of Business Lawyers
- We can draw on our expertise in intellectual property law
Our lawyers really understand the TMT sector and can provide commercially astute advice based on your needs.
Some of our recent projects: