We have dedicated specialist property dispute resolution solicitors that advise and act for a wide range of clients, from large property investors and developers, to those with smaller portfolios and individual owners and tenants.
When necessary we engage similarly specialist barristers and other professionals. We can also draw on the specialist knowledge of our solicitors in the commercial property and residential property teams.
Recent examples of property dispute resolution work undertaken by our team include:
- Advising a client in opposing the grant of a new commercial lease of a London property resulting in a five day contested trial in Central London County Court
- Acting for a client in defended residential possession proceedings of a high-value property in west London on grounds of rent arrears. We were eventually able to obtain a possession order for our client
- Successfully evicting squatters from commercial property in south London owned by our client. A sale of the property was pending and we therefore acted swiftly to ensure this could complete on time
- Negotiating surrenders and obtaining vacant possession of commercial premises at a site that was subject to an option agreement with a developer
- Acting for a client of commercial premises occupied by unlawful sub-tenants
Court of appeal cases:
- Larkstore -v- Technotrade
- Rodway -v- Landy
- Montrose Court Holdings Ltd -v- Shamash