Court of protection

Our specialist solicitors can assist you with any applications that need to be made to the Court of Protection including deputy applications or applications for court guidance or orders for attorneys or deputies as and when needed (for example, a request to make gifts from the donor’s assets or a request to sell the donor’s home).

Deputyship application

If somebody loses their mental capacity to deal with their own affairs without having put in place an enduring or lasting power of attorney a deputy will need to be appointed.

A deputy application is made to the Court of Protection. The person(s) named as deputy are chosen by the Court of Protection and not by the donor and, accordingly, could be someone the donor would not ordinarily choose to make such decisions.

Deputy applications are generally more complex, more time consuming and therefore more expensive than putting in place a valid lasting power of attorney.

How our solicitors can help you:

Next step

Please contact one of our specialist Court of Protection solicitors to discuss your requirements.

Meet the team

Gail Hall


Samantha Bradburne


Eleanor Norman


Aneesha Dhami


Claire Wickens

Legal Executive

Fiona Taylor


Kevin Gladwell


Mary Shaw

Partner & Team Leader

Lucy Cheeseman


Joanna Dunlop


Richard Theobald


"They are very client-friendly; I wouldn't hesitate to put an elderly vulnerable client in front of them."

Chambers HNW 2017 – Quote from a care professional

“Barbara and I would like to commend Lucy Cheeseman for her efficiency and professionalism. Everything was dealt with promptly and explained well, giving us the confidence that it was all in capable hands. Throughout what was a really tough time we found Lucy patient, kind and caring.”

Ms Barbara Howes, Executrix & Mr John Harrington, Wood & Pilcher