Our expert solicitors are knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to assisting the agricultural community. So however you hold your land and property, livestock, stocks and shares, businesses or cash, our solicitors will be able to advise you for the benefit of you, your family and the beneficiaries of your estate.
Agricultural assets may benefit from Agricultural Property Relief (APR) and Business Property Relief (BPR). However, it is very easy to fall foul of the various conditions governing the availability of APR and BPR and other reliefs and exemptions. Therefore we strongly advise clients to seek advice on how to pass their assets on in a tax-efficient way.
We help the agricultural community by advising on:
- Wills and succession planning
- Inheritance planning
- Lifetime gifts
- The use of trusts
- The use of companies
- Prenuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Sale and purchase of property land and farms
How our farm sale and purchase solicitors can help you:
- Advise on any family issues about how to pass on assets to any children in a fair and considered way
- Advise on the requirements for qualifying for APR and BPR
- Work with your other professional advisors
- Draw on the skills and advice of colleagues in other teams, including family and corporate