Our Team of Family Law Solicitors in Sevenoaks
Our team of specialist family solicitors, located in Sevenoaks, have many decades of experience between them. They will work with you to quickly identify the issues you are facing and, where appropriate, can gather together a bespoke team of other professionals to ensure all your legal needs are covered.
The Family Law department can call on specialists who can offer advice on tax, trusts, corporate, property, pensions and divorce mediation issues. We have a dedicated support team working behind each of our family law solicitors, meaning you will always have someone to talk to about your case.
Our Approach to Family Law
Wherever possible, our family law solicitors will adopt a conciliatory approach, focussing on achieving the best possible outcome for your whole family. We are members of Resolution, which means we are committed to following a code of conduct that promotes a non-confrontational approach to family law. We care about the situation that you and your family will be in after the legal case has concluded. We want to ensure that you and your family are as happy as you can be with the outcome so you can all move on with your lives in the best possible way. We are committed to keeping disputes out of court, where possible; however, if your case goes to court, we have many years of experience advocating for our clients, so you can be sure that we will get the best outcome for you.
How can our Family Law Solicitors help?
- Divorce and separation – We can help you through the legal process, whichever process you decide to take, mediation, collaborative law or going to court. If you are not married, we can help by drafting a separation agreement.
- Civil partnership dissolution – We can help in relation to the complex areas of biological or non-biological children and associated parental rights.
- Collaborative law – We can help you decide if the collaborative approach to divorce is right for you and your family.
- Mediation – We have in-house trained mediators who can help you and your spouse reach an amicable agreement.
- Cohabitation agreements – We can help you to protect your assets by drafting a cohabitation agreement or by working together to resolve any disputes that may arise if the relationship breaks down.
- Prenuptial agreements – We can help you come to an agreement before you get married on what will happen to your assets if you were to divorce.
Children & family law
- Child arrangements following divorce – We can help with negotiations around shared custody and child maintenance.
- Injunctions- We can help you to put in place measures to protect your personal safety and that of your children.
Who can we help?
Our family law solicitors have particular expertise in supporting:
- High net worth individuals, particularly those with complex financial arrangements.
- Business owners.
- People who have internationally held assets or where a partner lives or works overseas.
We offer an initial interview (subject to some restrictions). We offer this service so that clients can get advice early on in their case. It also helps to get to know your family lawyer so you can have confidence in them before moving on to the next step. At this meeting, you are welcome to bring along a companion for support, and you can feel free to make notes as we answer your questions. We will give you a full overview of all your options so you can make an informed decision about what to do next. We will also give you an estimate of the likely costs involved and discuss any payment options that might suit your situation.
We offer complete transparency as to our charges. We offer an initial interview (subject to some restrictions) and hourly charging rates, which range from £265 plus VAT to £350 plus VAT, depending upon the lawyer’s expertise and qualification period. All of our lawyers are qualified solicitors. We use paralegals in support roles where appropriate at lower hourly charging rates to keep costs to a minimum for our clients. The overall costs for dealing with the financial aspects of a divorce starts from £1,000. We always provide a tailored cost estimate before starting substantive work on any case. We offer various funding options, including introductions to litigation lenders and Sears Tooth (pay at conclusion), subject to relevant individual considerations.
(all prices correct at time of publication – March 2023. Please contact up for the most up to date prices).
Directions to our Family Law office in Sevenoaks
Our office is based in central Sevenoaks, opposite the Post Office.
There is on-street parking outside the office and the nearest car park is behind the Stag Theatre on South Park.
Location: 16 South Park, Sevenoaks, TN13 1AN
We will also be happy to meet with clients in our Tonbridge office – Location: Bank House, Bank Street, Tonbridge, TN9 1BL, Parking is available at the rear of the building.