Heather is a Senior Associate in the Court of Protection team. She completed her LLB (hons) degree in Law at Queen Mary & Westfield College; an MA in Medical Ethics and Law at Kings College London and her Legal Practice Course (“LPC”) at The College of Law, London. She completed her LPC with Distinction and qualified in September 2005.
She qualified as a solicitor in 2005 into the Private Client Department at Thomson Snell & Passmore LLP and in 2011 started specialising in Court of Protection work. She remained there until joining Warners in 2018.
If Heather is unavailable please contact Tara Millen, 01732 375394, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advising on and making applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of one or more deputies.
- Managing complex deputyships, often with elements of financial abuse and/or difficult family dynamics.
- Advising on and making applications to the Court of Protection for a Statutory Will or large gift in relation to an individual who lacks capacity. Heather has dealt with both uncontested and contested applications.
- Advising on Lasting Powers of Attorney when capacity may be questionable. Preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney. Registering Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Advising on a deputies/attorney’s role and responsibilities.
- Advising on and making applications to the Court of Protection/High Court for the removal of an incapable trustee.