Robert is a partner in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution team. He specialises in all aspects of landlord and tenant disputes, easement and restrictive covenants, boundary disputes, nuisance, trespass, property-related professional negligence claims, conveyancing remedies and enfranchisement.
Robert joined Warners in 1987 as a trainee solicitor and qualified as a solicitor in 1989. Robert became a partner in 2005 and was a member of the Management Board from 2010 to 2015.
If Robert is unavailable please contact, Rachel Bell, 01732 747935, email@example.com
Reported Court of Appeal Cases
- Rodway v Landy
- Montrose Court Holdings v Shamash
- Larkstore Ltd v Technotrade Ltd
Some of Robert’s cases have included:
- Advising private and commercial clients upon express and prescriptive rights of way
- Advising clients upon potential claims for adverse possession
- Advising clients upon the enforceability of restrictive covenants and application to the Lands Tribunal for modification and/or discharge of covenants
- Advising clients upon boundary disputes
- Advising joint owners and clients claiming a beneficial interest in relation to their entitlements and seeking orders for sale in order to realise beneficial interest. This includes a recent case whereby an order for sale was made for a property valued at £3.5million and an order for costs being made in the client’s favour.
- Advising clients upon contested and uncontested commercial lease renewals including the service of section 25, section 26 and section 27 notices
- Advising clients upon potential claims in relation to the encroachment of Japanese Knotweed
- Advising private clients upon potential claims in relation to defective building works
- Advising private landlords in relation to rent arrears and recovery of property
- Advising commercial clients in relation to reclaiming rent arrears and forfeiture of leases and other remedies
- Advising landlords and tenants in relation to service charge disputes
- Advising clients in relation to their rights to extend their long lease or enfranchise the freehold of their leasehold property
- Advising private and commercial clients in relation to all aspects of property disputes
- Advising clients in relation to nuisance and other forms of neighbour disputes
- Country Land and Business Association
- Property Litigation Association
Robert Twining is a respected practitioner handling the full range of property litigation. He frequently advises blue-chip clients and has further niche expertise in the control of Japanese Knotweed. Sources describe him as “excellent and very knowledgeable.”
Robert Twining leads the firm’s real estate litigation practice and has considerable expertise in landlord and tenant disputes. Sources note his ability to identify the key issues of a case and advise accordingly.
Practice head Robert Twining advises on the full scope of property litigation and specialises in Japanese knotweed. Clients say: “He is approachable but has a core of steel, which makes him a good man to have on your side.”