Our experienced and longstanding team of lawyers can provide you with full advice and assistance on commercial property transactions. We regularly provide services for clients from individuals and small companies with small premises up to large corporate entities with multiple commercial property holdings. Our commercial property team works within a broad spectrum of deals:
Our Commercial Property team work within set and recognisable areas of expertise including:
Our Commercial Property team work closely with the other corporate lawyers within Warners to provide our clients with a fully integrated service. The Commercial Property team can provide specialist support for corporate transactions including:
- Sales of share/asset/purchases
- Corporate refinancing
- Formational dissolution of partnerships/corporate entities
- Corporate contracts
Our integrated approach means that we are able to offer our clients a fully inclusive service from initial instruction to successful conclusion of the transaction dealing with:
- Replies to corporate due diligence enquiries (as they relate to commercial property)
- Drafting lease licence or other appropriate documents to support the particular transaction
- Providing specialist one-off advice/assistance (promptly and pertinently) where required
Real Estate Portfolios
Our Commercial Property team provide packaged advice for private and institutional landlords holding single and multiple commercial property interests – whether industrial, office, retail or leisure. Many clients benefit from a continuing relationship with the portfolio team who are on hand to assist with:-
- Letting and sublettings
- Landlord and tenant notices
- Licences to assign/sublet
- Insolvency issues
Efficient portfolio management requires proactive legal advice on demand, this is provided by our investment portfolio unit. The investment portfolio unit works closely with landlords and management companies to achieve efficient ongoing management.
We can provide specialist advice and assistance to residential and commercial developers from acquisition of the land to successful sales of plots. The development acquisition unit looks after developers with practical advice on:
- Structure of the acquisition deal
- Conditional contracts
- Section 106 agreements
- Site document preparation
Landlord and Tenant
We can provide advice and support for both Landlords and tenants, we can:
- Act for landlords in the grant of leases to tenants
- Act for tenants in the grant of leases from landlords
Our team can provide specialist support to banks’, mezzanine funders and other lending institutions taking security over commercial property – whether development opportunity, industrial, office, retail or leisure.
At Warners we have a long history of acting for large estate owners as well as tenant farmers. Over this time we have developed a detailed knowledge of the specialist laws and practicalities of the rural and farming communities.
We can provide specialist advice to members of the rural community on:
- Farm business tenancies
- Negotiating Rent Reviews When negotiating the terms of your lease for commercial premises, agreeing the rent payable will be a prime concern, but so too should be the prospect of agreeing the rent review provisions, even though this may be a long way off...
- New Rules for Evicting Tenants From 1 October 2015, landlords can end an assured shorthold tenancy by serving notice, without having to show any fault on the part of the tenant, under section 28 of the Housing Act 1988. Robert Twining outlines the changes and warns of new traps for unwary landlords.
- Successfully Letting to Students Demand for more traditional shared student houses remains high, presenting a great opportunity for those with property to let. Angela Robinson advises on the key considerations for successfully letting to students...