Russell is a partner in the Corporate, Commercial & IP team. After working for a corporate trustee in the City dealing with asset repackaging and securitisation transactions, Russell joined Warners in 2005 and qualified as a solicitor into the Corporate, Commercial & IP team in 2007. In 2015, after spending some time at another regional law firm, Russell returned to Warners and was promoted to Partner.
Russell has a broad range of M&A experience in advising buyers and sellers across a diverse range of sectors, focusing predominantly on owner managed businesses.
In addition to M&A work, Russell provides corporate and commercial legal advice on an on-going basis to a range of clients engaged in various sectors including PR, publishing, financial services, accountancy practices and distributors, a number of which have an international reach.
Russell works closely with Warners’ employment team and has considerable experience of assisting clients with the implementation of EMI and unapproved share option schemes.
- Advising majority shareholders of a software development company in connection with a buyout of minority investor shareholders for consideration in excess of £3.5 million including secured loan notes. The transaction was complicated by a pre-completion restructuring and various nominee shareholder arrangements.
- Acting for a retailer on the sale of one of its stores for £3 million. The matter involved negotiations concerning complex buy back arrangements in relation to other stores operated by the retailer.
- Advising the majority shareholder of a wholesale distribution company based in the South East on the disposal of a majority shareholding to one of its suppliers.
- Advising on the asset sale of an international exhibitions business based in Kent.
- Acting for the majority shareholders of an international PR company in the sports sector on the disposal of their shareholdings to a listed PR and Media company.
- Advising sellers on the disposal of their residential lettings business operating from various branches in South London.
- Instructed by administrators on the sale of a specialist vehicle manufacturing business based in North East England.
Acquisition of WB Publishing Limited
Warners has acted for Blackness Lane Limited in its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of WB Publishing Limited. The target company is the publisher of “British Dairying” the trade magazine for the UK dairy industry.
Abacus counts on Warners
Warners’ Company Commercial team has assisted Abacus Lawrence Group Limited in the purchase of the entire share capital of Playtop Limited for an undisclosed sum.
Recognition & Memberships