David is a partner in the litigation team. After completing his training and working for a London law firm David joined Warners and became a partner in 1984.
David is an experienced litigator and has a particular specialism in employment law. He acts for both employers and employees in a wide range of cases including unfair dismissal, redundancy, all forms of discrimination claims, disputes regarding contracts of employment and in particular the enforceability of post-termination restrictions. He regularly represents clients at the Employment Tribunal. He is an experienced advocate and rarely instructs counsel.
His experience also extends to commercial disputes, professional negligence and probate disputes.
- Exsus Travel Ltd & Others v James Turner and Another. Directors’ duties, evidential and legal burden of proof on taking of an account, limitation periods on an account.
- Catapult & Lowe v Ariadne. Acted for Catapult and Lowe who were Claimants in a dispute over a consultancy contract. We were successful in having the counterclaim (pleaded in excess of £200k) struck out and on virtually all issues fought at trial with the result that Ms Lowe was awarded a little in excess of the Part 36 Offer made two years before trial and was awarded indemnity costs for the entire period of the claim.
- Acting for a developer client in a claim for damages for professional negligence against its former solicitors. Those solicitors having mistakenly transferred the whole of the land belonging to the developer as opposed to part only.
- Acting for a number of employer clients in the defence of various employment claims and in particular those relating to unfair dismissal, sex and disability discrimination.
- Acting for clients both in respect of bringing and defending claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
Recognition & Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Alliance of Business Lawyers
If David is unavailable please contact, Sara Cox, 01732 375349, [email protected]