Relationships and Family
As reflected by our legal directory status we are a leading team of highly specialist family lawyers in Kent,
Our team of specialist family lawyers, with many decades of experience between them, will quickly identify the issues in your case and, where appropriate, will gather together a bespoke team of professionals around you, to ensure every particular issue in your case is covered by a specialist. This bespoke team often includes tax, trusts, corporate and pension advisors. There is a dedicated support team working behind each of our family lawyers, meaning you will never be without support during this challenging time.
Wherever possible, our family lawyers will adopt a conciliatory approach, focussing on achieving the best possible outcome for your whole family. Our family solicitors are all members of Resolution. This means we commit to following a code of conduct promoting a non-confrontational approach to family problems and specifically, to Divorce. The code is devised to ensure we offer sympathetic, realistic and pragmatic advice to help resolve your situation.
Whether you are divorcing or intending to marry, our family lawyers will advise you on how to protect your assets, whether these are property, investments, trusts, pensions or corporate in nature.
On divorce, our specialist lawyers will consider with you steps to protect assets via applications to the Land Registry or urgent Court applications seeking injunctive relief to prevent the disposal of assets. We will discuss with you tax implications and also, what other Court applications might be necessary to obtain financial disclosure from a secretive spouse or, to assist with funding Court proceedings to resolve financial issues, both immediate and longer term.
If you are intending to marry, we will advise on both practical and legal steps to preserve assets.
If you are facing a dispute about children, either in the UK or overseas, we have a wealth of experience in this area and can help you. We regularly act for parents and have also had great successes in recent times acting for grandparents in disputes about their grandchildren.
"The Warners team as a whole are very hard-working, supportive and professional."
- Chambers and Partners UK 2017
"The lawyers were lovely, approachable and easy to talk to. An incredible team."
"A warm and friendly team with lots of different qualities, all extremely good."
- Chambers and Partners UK 2015
If you would like to talk about any of these issues with one of our specialist family lawyers, please contact us on 01732 747900.
Whilst we are based in Sevenoaks, Kent we are also happy to offer advice by phone/email or, can meet with you in our Tonbridge office if it is more convenient for you.
- Warners ranked amongst the Top Law Firms in the South East The recently published Chambers UK 2017 has ranked Warners Solicitors as a Top performing Law Firm in Kent and the South East. Warners has secured rankings in the following practice areas: Agriculture & Rural Affairs...
- First meeting with your divorce lawyer Before meeting your divorce lawyer for the first time, you may be anxious about what to expect. Charles Tennant, family law solicitor and divorce law specialist at Warners in Sevenoaks, explains what will happen at the first meeting and some of the information you may want to take with you.
- How to protect your children’s inheritance As we live longer, more adults are marrying a second or third time. Divorce among the over-60s, otherwise known as silver splitters, has risen by a third in the past decade. While most adult children are happy that their parents have companionship in old age, they may have worries over inheritance...