Contentious Probate / Probate claims
The contentious probate solicitors here at Warners in Kent have vast experience of dealing with an array of disputes concerning wills, probate and inheritance provisions. We appreciate that losing a loved one is an emotional time and when a dispute arises, it is made all the more stressful. We approach the matter with sensitivity and provide advice as to the best and often most cost-effective resolution, which may not always be court proceedings.
Our team of specialists act on behalf of administrators, executors, beneficiaries and dependants, and are able to deal with all aspects of contentious probate, including:
- Disputes with the appointment and/or conduct of executors and administrators
- Challenges to the validity of a will
- Claims for provision from the deceased’s Estate; commonly known as Inheritance Act claims (claims pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975)
- Professional negligence - claims concerning the negligent drafting of wills by professionals
At Warners we act for both those wanting to challenge a will or those seeking to uphold it. A member of our team will be able to arrange a mutually convenient appointment with you at our offices in Tonbridge or Sevenoaks in Kent.
- Court Removes Attorneys Who Abused Position of Trust The creation of a power of attorney is a good way of making sure that your affairs are dealt with by a responsible person if you are unable to manage them yourself. However, when the choice of attorney is a poor one, many difficulties can arise, as a recent...
- Informal Arrangements Land Woman With Massive Costs Bill A woman who sold her mother's house in order to buy her a more suitable home has been left with a large legal costs bill as a result of her action. Her mother is incapacitated by dementia and unable to look after her own affairs. The resulting court case shows...