Contentious Probate / Probate claims
The contentious probate solicitors here at Warners in Kent have vast experience of dealing with an array of disputes concerning wills, probate and inheritance provisions. We appreciate that losing a loved one is an emotional time and when a dispute arises, it is made all the more stressful. We approach the matter with sensitivity and provide advice as to the best and often most cost-effective resolution, which may not always be court proceedings.
Our team of specialists act on behalf of administrators, executors, beneficiaries and dependants, and are able to deal with all aspects of contentious probate, including:
- Disputes with the appointment and/or conduct of executors and administrators
- Challenges to the validity of a will
- Claims for provision from the deceased’s Estate; commonly known as Inheritance Act claims (claims pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975)
- Professional negligence - claims concerning the negligent drafting of wills by professionals
At Warners we act for both those wanting to challenge a will or those seeking to uphold it. A member of our team will be able to arrange a mutually convenient appointment with you at our offices in Tonbridge or Sevenoaks in Kent.
- Age UK Law Clinics We are working with AgeUK to offer their clients and family members the chance to have a free 30 minute consultation with one of our Private Client solicitors.
- Why are inheritance disputes on the rise? Inheritance disputes were once considered the preserve of the super-wealthy or famous but in recent years the number of children disputing their parent’s estate in the High Court has risen by 11 per cent to 116 in 2015 from 104 the previous year according to The Times.