Fixed Fee Divorce
Fixed Fee Divorce - No Hidden Charges
Worried about hidden costs or expensive solicitor’s bills?
Want to retain control of the process but have access to a lawyer?
The Fixed Fee divorce package costs a set £1,200 and includes:
- An Initial meeting with a specialist family solicitor
- At a glance flowchart explaining the entire process
- Preparation of the Divorce Petition giving the reasons for the divorce
- Communicating with your spouse about the divorce
- Dealing with the Court to progress the divorce
- Preparing your application for your first decree of divorce (‘Decree Nisi’) and the required statement
- Providing you with the Decree Nisi document and advice on its implications
- Preparing your application for your final decree of divorce, (‘Decree Absolute’)
- Providing you with the Decree Absolute and advice on its implications.
- Advising you on important associated issues to consider on divorce
- Court fee of £550
- Solicitors charges and VAT
Our fixed fee divorces are CHEAPER THAN THE CO-OP!
Full payment is required at the outset – we accept credit and debit card payments or internet transfers.
Additional charges may be incurred if your spouse does not cooperate with the process, details of such costs can be discussed at the initial meeting.
For this reason the fixed fee divorce service is only suitable if you believe your spouse will agree that there should be a divorce and will co-operate with associated paperwork. If it is likely that the divorce will not be agreed, please telephone us to discuss your specific requirements.
If you are the Spouse who has received divorce papers, we offer a Fixed Fee Service to you of £300 which includes:
- An Initial Information Meeting with a specialist family lawyer
- At a glance flowchart for the entire process
- Completion of the Acknowledgment of Service form you will have received from the Court
- Communicating with the Court and providing you with your Decrees of divorce
- Solicitors costs and VAT
Financial and Child Related Issues
The Fixed Fee divorce package does not include additional work required to conclude financial matters associated with your divorce or child arrangements, both of which will be discussed at the initial meeting when a separate estimate of costs will be provided.
As members of Resolution, we offer sympathetic, realistic and pragmatic advice to help with your situation and aim to resolve your case sensitively whilst obtaining the best possible outcome for you.
For more information please contact Toni Gladstone on 01732 747900 or [email protected]
- First meeting with your divorce lawyer Before meeting your divorce lawyer for the first time, you may be anxious about what to expect. Charles Tennant, family law solicitor and divorce law specialist at Warners in Sevenoaks, explains what will happen at the first meeting and some of the information you may want to take with you.