Divorce and Separation
Divorce can be a life learning experience. It will undoubtedly be a very emotional time for the entire family but if you choose the right solicitor, terrible conflict and heartache does not have to follow.
You will have many questions about your situation and Warners divorce solicitors are on hand to answer these, placing your mind immediately at ease. Our divorce solicitors will guide you through the emotional and practical difficulties you will face, and will be there to support your entire family.
Recognising that many people going through a divorce have never done it before, so may not know who to turn to, we offer our family client’s a free* initial no obligation consultation to get to know us. We will use this time to discuss your circumstances and needs, you can use it to judge whether we are the right advisors for you. All free of charge.
If you do instruct one of our divorce solicitors, we will work with you to quickly identify the issues you will face, gather together any other professionals whose assistance might be required and, work together as a team to find the best outcome for your family.
Wherever possible, we will always aim to reach an agreement without the need for the uncertain, costly and stressful court battles. However, where necessary, we will not hesitate to act quickly to protect asets by issuing Court applications, contacting the Land Registry to secure property and, seeking necessary assistance to obtain information to maximise your financial settlement.
What are your options?
Most people don’t realise that when it comes to divorce and separation, you have several options available to you. The mains options are:
- Direct agreement – (‘Do it yourself’ or ‘Round the Kitchen Table’)
- Mediation (You working as a couple with a neutral professional)
- Collaborative law (A Team approach with specialist lawyers)
- Traditional negotiation
During the first consultation we, unlike many other solicitors, will discuss all the above options with you, making sure you choose the right one for you and your family, not the one that will produce the most revenue for us as a firm.
Below is a chart outlining each process option:
If you would like to talk about divorce with one of our solicitors, please contact us on 01732 747900. Our divorce solicitors are based in Sevenoaks, Kent, but we will be happy to meet with you in our Tonbridge office if it is more convenient for you
- Should auld acquaintance be forgot? When a marriage is in trouble, the New Year is often a time when couples may decide to separate. With a feeling of a new start on the horizon and the opportunity to contemplate the future, this time of year seems to provide spouses with courage to make what would otherwise be regarded as unimaginable decisions about their marriage.
- First meeting with your divorce lawyer Before meeting your divorce lawyer for the first time, you may be anxious about what to expect. Charles Tennant, family law solicitor and divorce law specialist at Warners in Sevenoaks, explains what will happen at the first meeting and some of the information you may want to take with you.
- How to protect your children’s inheritance As we live longer, more adults are marrying a second or third time. Divorce among the over-60s, otherwise known as silver splitters, has risen by a third in the past decade. While most adult children are happy that their parents have companionship in old age, they may have worries over inheritance...