Criminal and Regulatory Offences
We are experts at defending all kinds of criminal prosecutions from road traffic to assaults and public order offences. We support our clients throughout the criminal justice process from the initial formal interview through to representation at court. We cover cases in all criminal courts, from magistrates courts to the Court of Appeal.
We have the capability to handle all types of regular and serious crime but we have particular expertise in countryside-related criminal matters such as illegal hunting, interference with badger setts, assaults and public disorder offences as well as alleged breaches of animal welfare, environmental and health and safety legislation.
We concentrate solely on privately funded cases and we offer a tailored service to our clients. All criminal cases will be handled by a senior and experienced solicitor.
We regularly act for clients facing investigation and/or prosecution for alleged offences of all types, including those relating to:
- Road traffic/driving offences
- Assaults and public order
- Animal welfare (farm and domestic)
- The environment
- Health and safety
- Controlling Birds and Proposals for Trapping Proposed changes to General Licences could trap the unwary or ill-informed.
- Animal Welfare Act: five successful years? The Act was hailed as a revolutionary step forward in animal welfare law and, for once, parliament appears to have got it right, says Tim Ryan.