Tonbridge: 01732 770660
Sevenoaks: 01732 747900
traditional values modern thinking
go to individual servicesgo to business services call

Children - Family Law

When a relationship breaks down, it is important that children are reassured and the way you talk to them about what is happening will make a huge impact on them. Reassuring children will be most easily achieved if, as parents, you can maintain a civilised relationship. Legal advisors play a huge part in this process. How your solicitors interact with each of you, and with one another, will have a significant bearing on the productiveness of your relationship as parents in the future. Choosing the right solicitor is therefore essential.

Children, whose parents are separating, will undoubtedly be worried about how their lives will change, where they will live and how often they will see their other parent. We can help you with formulating answers to these difficult questions, will advise you on how to work with the other parent and, can provide you with helpful literature to get you and your family through this difficult time.

We always encourage parties to try and resolve any differences they have regarding their children without the need for Court intervention. Unfortunately, this is not always possible so where necessary, we will assist you in making applications to Court.

As well as practical issues of where the children will live and when, financial issues will need to be resolved. We can advise you on child maintenance and other money related issues that inevitably arise on family breakdown whether you are married or unmarried.

Please click here to download our leaflet - Marriage or relationship breakdown

If you would like to talk about these issues with one of our specialist team, please contact us on 01732 747900. We are based in Sevenoaks, Kent but are happy to offer advice by phone/email or, to meet with you in our Tonbridge office if it is more convenient for you.

Latest news

  • Need extra financial support for your child? One of the biggest concerns for any parent who has separated or divorced will be household finances, particularly when there are children to provide for...
  • From “Custody”… to the 21st century In April 2014, the terms which we use to denote how a child lives with a parent upon a couple’s separation changed. The shift emphasises a departure from the use of the labels such as “Residence” and “contact” all together, and now we speak about the general arrangements...