Mergers and Acquisitions
If you are looking to sell your business or expand by a merger or acquisition, our specialist commercial solicitors based at Tonbridge and Sevenoaks in Kent can advise you on preparing for the sale or purchase, and can handle negotiations and the documentation throughout the whole process.
Our corporate lawyers have considerable experience in dealing with a full range of transactions, whether company share or asset acquisitions or disposals, within a variety of different industries, from multi-million pound sales of established corporate groups to purchases of small sole-trader businesses. We advise sellers buyers, and funders.
We understand the legal and commercial issues that can arise during a sale and purchase process and our corporate solicitors always seek to manage transactions as efficiently as possible.
Our corporate solicitors will work closely with your other professional advisors, including tax, banking, accountancy and corporate finance advisors and have established an excellent reputation amongst respected advisors in Kent and the south east. We are also able to call upon expertise from our property and employment lawyers to provide guidance on any issues in these areas that may arise.
If a deal involves an international or cross-border element, we can work closely with local counsel to assist in foreign transactions where necessary and, particularly, through our network of international lawyers, Alliance of Business Lawyers, we can procure the best contacts and expertise for the deal.
It is our policy to work in partnership with our clients so as to endeavour to add value to their businesses. We recognise the importance of fully understanding our clients’ businesses, their needs and aims and work proactively in handling our clients’ affairs.
Our specialist corporate solicitors can assist in all of the following areas
- Legal due diligence investigations
- Negotiating and preparing documentation
- Managing risk
- Post-acquisition integration
- English Law Proves Decisive in Dispute Over Mexican Lease Guarantee London is the world's number one venue for international litigation and many cases are heard in England which relate to foreign contracts. In one such, the landlord of factory premises in Mexico has won permission to enforce in England and Wales...
- Massive Fine and Disqualification for Director Following Corporate Manslaughter Conviction The fact that the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 has real teeth has been illustrated by the announcement of a sixth prosecution under the Act. Mobile Sweepers Limited entered a plea of guilty to a charge of corporate...
- Building Firms Fined After Workers Injured in Floor Collapse According to the latest statistics compiled by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), workers in the construction industry are four times as likely to be killed at work compared with the average rate for other workers. In a recent case, two building firms...