Animal Welfare/Wildlife Offences
We act for pet owners, farmers, landowners, gamekeepers, Hunt employees and others facing investigation and/or prosecution. We frequently defend those being prosecuted by the RSPCA and local authorities, as well as the police/CPS and other bodies.
We have particular expertise in relation to offences under the following legislation:
- The Animal Welfare Act 2006
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981
- The Protection of Badgers Act 1992
- The Hunting Act 2004
- Controlling Birds and Proposals for Trapping Proposed changes to General Licences could trap the unwary or ill-informed.
- An Accident Waiting To Happen? Accidents and injuries are of course part and parcel of keeping horses and riding them. Most accidents are minor, but some are serious. Suppose you run an equestrian facility, providing lessons and/or horses on which customers...
- How to buy a horse Buying horses can be a fraught process unless you know what you’re doing. Michael McNally from Warners Solicitors explains how to protect yourself against the pitfalls.