Animal Welfare/Wildlife Offences
We act for pet owners, farmers, landowners, gamekeepers, Hunt employees and others facing investigation and/or prosecution. We frequently defend those being prosecuted by the RSPCA and local authorities, as well as the police/CPS and other bodies.
We have particular expertise in relation to offences under the following legislation:
- The Animal Welfare Act 2006
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981
- The Protection of Badgers Act 1992
- The Hunting Act 2004
- Law Commission Game for a Wildlife Review The Law Commission is recommending root and branch reform of wildlife legislation in England and Wales. Responses are invited by 30 November 2012, to a Consultation Paper setting out their proposals.
- Time to Let Sleeping Dogs Lie? In early Autumn 2011, DEFRA announced that in the New Year it would be launching a consultation over possible reform of Section 2(2) of the Animals Act 1971. To those who practise in the area of liability for animals, this news had more than a sense of deja vu about it...