Landlord and tenant transactions
We can provide advice and support for both Landlords and tenants, we can:
- Act for landlords in the grant of leases to tenants
- Act for tenants in the grant of leases from landlords
- What landlords can and cannot include in service charges Following recent legislative case studies featured in property news, landlords need to be clear on what they can charge tenants through a service charge and what is classified as an improvement and means they have to pay the costs themselves...
- Court's approach to business lease renewal term clarified Landlords and tenants asking for business lease renewals face more of a balancing exercise by the courts, meaning some tenants may end up with longer terms than they applied for, following a recent ruling...
- What to do if your tenant fails to remove its property following expiry/termination of lease In circumstances where your tenant vacates, whether by way of an agreed surrender or following a possession order being granted, the case of Campbell v Redstone Mortgages Ltd  EWHC 3081 has provided some clarification as to how you should deal with any property your tenant leaves behind.