Landlord and tenant transactions
We can provide advice and support for both Landlords and tenants, we can:
- Act for landlords in the grant of leases to tenants
- Act for tenants in the grant of leases from landlords
- Court's approach to business lease renewal term clarified Landlords and tenants asking for business lease renewals face more of a balancing exercise by the courts, meaning some tenants may end up with longer terms than they applied for, following a recent ruling...
- What to do if your tenant fails to remove its property following expiry/termination of lease In circumstances where your tenant vacates, whether by way of an agreed surrender or following a possession order being granted, the case of Campbell v Redstone Mortgages Ltd  EWHC 3081 has provided some clarification as to how you should deal with any property your tenant leaves behind.
- Commercial rent arrears recovery (CRAR) Despite coming into force in April this year, there are still some commercial landlords that aren’t aware of the changes relating to the recovery of rent arrears from their tenants...