Litigation & Dispute Resolution
At Warners, we have a team of experienced litigation and dispute resolution lawyers based in both our Tonbridge and Sevenoaks offices, who are able to advise on all aspects of civil and commercial litigation.
We will openly discuss the merits of your case with you at an early stage and advise you clearly and simply as to your best course of action. Our lawyers have extensive experience pursuing and defending claims for damages and other remedies to a final hearing in the County Court, High Court, and Court of Appeal.
Our team will always seek to resolve matters as quickly and efficiently as possible, guiding you through each step of the process. If appropriate, we will discuss the option of mediation or other forms of dispute resolution with you to seek to achieve an early compromise that is acceptable to you and could ultimately limit your costs. We have an excellent record of achieving settlement this way.
- Commercial litigation
- Debt collection
- Professional negligence claims
- Inheritance Act/Probate claims
- Consumer/Sale of Goods Act
- Contract/IT disputes
- Property Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Other specialist sectors such as Criminal & Regulatory
Some examples of recent cases our litigation and dispute resolution team has acted on
- Acting for a foreign royal family in a commercial tenancy dispute which ended in a seven day trial.
- Acting for a New York firm of attorneys in multi-million dollar US litigation and organising the examination of a witness out of the jurisdiction, including live examination of the witness from the US via video link.
- Acting for the sellers of a million pound house who were sued by their purchaser for misrepresentation. The trial received widespread national press coverage.
- Acting for a client owed hundreds of thousands of pounds in a contract dispute and obtaining a “freezing” injunction from the High Court to prevent the defendant dissipating his assets or moving them abroad.
- Contract clauses allowing termination at will limits compensation for breach Parties to contracts that allow termination at will should be aware this may significantly limit the compensation they can recover if there is a breach of the contract, following a High Court ruling...