Corporate Commercial & IP
Whether you are a sole trader, partnership or a limited company, our specialist commercial solicitors based at Tonbridge and Sevenoaks in Kent can assist you with the ever changing commercial law affecting todays corporations.
The Corporate Commercial and IP team has grown to meet these demands and provides a comprehensive range of legal services tailored to meet the requirements of a broad range of businesses, all of which require a high standard of legal support.
The practice areas dealt with by the lawyers in this team are:
- Business Affairs
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
In addition, the team has experience in dealing with Information Technology (IT) & Software matters.
Our commercial solicitors have a broad and varied range of clients, not only local to us in the South East (in Kent, the other Home Counties and London) but also throughout the UK and internationally as well, including those involved in the following industry sectors:
- media & telecommunications
- public relations
- professional services
- charities & education
- technology, and particularly Information Technology (IT) and Software which is a specialist sector of ours and within which we are also recognised in both Chambers & Partners UK and the Legal 500.
If a commercial law matter involves an international or cross-border element, we can work closely with local counsel to assist where necessary and, particularly, through our network of international lawyers, Alliance of Business Lawyers, we can procure the best contacts and expertise for you.
So, whether you are just starting out in business, managing the continued fortunes of your business or planning to sell your business for a more relaxing future, we are confident that our corporate lawyers can assist you in achieving your goals.
- Social Media Seminar Are you concerned about the problems that may arise from using Social Media in your business? Does your company have a Social Media Policy and do you need one? Our speakers Karen Cole, Associate Solicitor at Warners Solicitors and Zoe Cairns, a Social Media Consultant at ZC Social Media will answer these questions and look at ways to help you avoid the pitfalls you may encounter when using social media in your business.
- Social Networking at Work With increasing use of social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook for both business and pleasure, it is advisable for all firms to have social networking policies that are clear and unequivocal and protect the...
- Director Counts Cost of Preferential Payments Company directors should know that as well as their duties to shareholders, they also have a duty under both common and statute law to protect the interests of creditors. When this duty is not adhered to, the consequences...