Areas of Expertise
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Kent Law Society
- Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and District Law Society
- Country Land and Business Association
- Agricultural Law Association
- British Horse Society
- The Abolition of the Agricultural Wages Board - Read
- A Well-Earned Retirement? - Read
- Time to Let Sleeping Dogs Lie? - Read
- Advice on how to buy a Horse - Read
- A Happy Retirement - Read
- 2012 – Present; Partner, Warners
- 2012 – Member of firm’s Management Board
- 1994 – 2011; Partner, Knights
- 1991 – 1994; Assistant Solicitor, Cripps Harries Hall
- 1991; Assistant Solicitor, Gilhams, London
- 1988 – 1991; Articled Clerk, Bristows, London
Michael McNally advises country sporting agencies, landed estates and hunting organisations on a variety of employment disputes and claims. He is highly experienced in handling disputes related to the purchase and sale of thoroughbred horses.
- Chambers & Partners 2013
- Burge and another v. Haycock and another (2001) EWCA Civ 900.
- Court of Appeal: case decided that the scope of the tort of passing off could include elections/political activity (this is the leading case on this point).
- Cross v. Kirkby (2000) QBENF 99/0526/A2.
- Court of Appeal: clarified law of self defence and doctrine of ex turpi causa (this is one of the leading cases in these areas, especially in a civil context).
- Sawrij and others v. Lynx (helping abused animals) Ltd and others (1992).
- Court of Appeal: clarification of the circumstances in which enforcement can be stayed.
- Sawrij and others v. Lynx (helping abused animals) Ltd and others (1994).
- Court of Appeal: clarification of the circumstances in which a wasted costs order can be made.
- Brigden v. American Express Bank Ltd (2000) IRLR 94.
- High Court (QBD): applicability of Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, to employment contracts.
Michael regularly delivers seminars, particularly on employment law and liability under the Animals Act. He is a keen golfer, runner and trout and salmon fisherman and helps to run his local hunt supporters club.